The LDRA tool suite integrates with Wind River Workbench and VxWorks to provide a single work environment for customers to conduct safety and security critical certification tasks including...
The LDRA tool suite integrates with Wind River Workbench and VxWorks to provide a single work environment for customers to conduct safety and security critical certification tasks.
- Requirements-based Testing
- Lifecycle Traceability (Requirements, Design, Code, Test)
- Requirements to Object Code Traceability
- Static Analysis
- Dynamic Analysis
- Unit Testing
This allows users to have a consistent user interface and quickly get up to speed on both products. Additional customisation for specific platforms, workflow and execution environment is available through LDRA's target license package process. TBrun leverages stubs and the VxWorks simulator allowing customers to develop and test code before final target hardware is available. Finally, LDRA test case files created from Workbench projects can integrate into TBmanager to allow users to trace artifacts and tasks completed in Workbench to standards DO-178C verification tasks (i.e. Aerospace & Defence | DO-178B/C | DO-278 | DO-254 | Def Stan 00-55, Automotive | ISO 26262 | MISRA | HIS, Medical | IEC 62304 | FDA, Industrial & Energy | IEC 61508,...) to support the full lifecycle for safety critical development.Customers starting new projects that require safety and security certification inside a real-time environment such as VxWorks have a complete solution which ties together the analysis capabilities of LDRA with the compiler and graphical IDE provided by Wind River. Click here to read more
- The LDRA tool suite contains a Wind River specific eclipse plug in that allows LDRA tasks to be accessed from inside the Wind River Workbench. In addition, the LDRA tool suite can read Wind River project files, and contains dialect information for Wind River specific compiler extensions. These capabilities are available with both the Diab and GNU compilers in Workbench.
- This integration allows users to directly access LDRA static, dynamic and unit test capabilities in Wind River Workbench. The LDRA tool suite can also control Workbench and the VxWorks simulator to allow customers to run system and unit tests from the command line.
- All LDRA reports are available inside Workbench to allow users to demonstrate certification without leaving the Workbench environment.
- LDRA TBrun leverages stubs and the VxWorks simulator allowing customers to develop and test code before final target hardware is available.
- Test case files created from Workbench projects can integrate with TBmanager allowing users to trace tasks in Workbench to Aerospace & Defence | DO-178B/C | DO-278 | DO-254 | Def Stan 00-55 verification tasks to support the full lifecycle for safety critical development.
- The LDRA and Wind River solution allows customer to standardise on one common platform such as Eclipse which reduces the learning curve for new users of the tools and enables the verification results to be easily shared between the distributed teams.
- The LDRA tool suite can automatically generate complete test cases with the Wind River integration, and provide an automated solution for host-host, host-simulator and host-target test execution.
- The LDRA-Wind River integration is used to automate the test execution and produce code coverage analysis information so that test progress can be measured and it is understood at any time what testing has been achieved and how much testing remains to be done.
- The LDRA tool suite can provide code size and complexity metrics from static analysis to provide data for sizing the test job to be undertaken.