The LDRA tool suite supports the IEC 61508, ISO 26262, ASPICE and SAE J3061 development processes from requirements through to deployment, helping to eliminate or reduce their more labour-intensive and error-prone elements.
LDRA welcomes the news that the ISO/SAE 21434 automotive cybersecurity standard has now been formally released. The guidance it contains relating to the development of secure code is less explicit than was once anticipated, which presents a different kind of challenge to ensuring compliance with extensive and detailed objectives. LDRA are looking forward to working with customers to help develop compliant interpretations of the new standard.
The LDRA tool suite for Automotive enables embedded developers to quickly understand the requirements of the ISO 26262-6:2018 standard depending on the Automotive Safety Integrity Level (ASIL) required for their application to help ensure safe and secure automotive application development and deployment
LDRA helps developers of security- and safety-critical automotive systems meet these software quality and test requirements:
- Requirements Traceability. TBmanager is the only requirements traceability solution that supports the tracing of requirements, development, and verification artefacts and activities throughout the entire software development life cycle. This bidirectional traceability ensures complete coverage and impact analysis throughout the development lifecycle, tracing each requirement through development to verification and producing documentational evidence in support of TBmanager’s comprehensive requirements traceability matrix.
- ISO 26262 Objectives. TBmanager allows you to demonstrate adherence to ISO 26262 and SAE J3061 objectives throughout the development lifecycle as appropriate to the nominated Automotive Safety Integrity Level (ASIL).
- Coding Standards Compliance. TBvision’s static analysis capabilities simplify the enforcement of coding standards across your organization, improving the overall consistency and quality of the code. TBvision helps your team develop and enforce the coding standard that is right for you from in-house best practices and guidelines to industry coding standards or a combination of in-house and industry standards. Examples of supported standards include MISRA C, MISRA C++, AUTOSAR C++, CERT C, CERT C++, CERT Java, Netrino C, and JSF++ AV.
- Structural Coverage Analysis. The LDRA tool suite lets your team meet the most rigorous coverage analysis requirements, including statement, branch/decision, procedure/function call, Modified Condition/Decision Coverage (MC/DC) (as highly recommended for ASIL Level D), and dynamic data flow analysis.
- Object Code Verification. The TBobjectBox module is the only direct way to relate code coverage at the source code level with that achieved at the object code level to realize complete object code verification (OCV).
- Tool Qualification. LDRA provides support for the qualification of its tool suite for both structural coverage analysis (SCA) as well as for programming rules checking (PRC). The LDRA Tool Qualification Support Packs (TQSPs) contain the test cases to demonstrate both the SCA and PRC capabilities of the tool suite itself. In addition, associated documentation for the development and verification of the product is provided, including plans, procedures, and expected results.
- Support for the AUTOSAR Classic and AUTOSAR Adaptive platforms, including support for MISRA and AUTOSAR standards for static analysis, and integration with AUTOSAR OS and POSIX compliant RTOSs for dynamic analysis, including unit test.
- Integration with Model-based Design. LDRA provides unique integrations with some of the market-leading model-based development environments, including MATLAB/Simulink from the MathWorks, Rhapsody from IBM Rational, and Esterel’s SCADE product line. The LDRA tool suite augments model-driven development environments, offering both automated standards compliance checking, and automated verification and coverage analysis at the model, source, and object code levels.
LDRA provides the most complete software verification and validation solution for the development of safety and security-related automotive software.
Today, the automotive industry relies on coding standards such as the MISRA guidelines for C and C++ to help ensure high-quality code for security- and safety-critical systems. In addition, the ISO 26262 Functional Safety standard for road vehicles coupled with the SAE J3061 Cybersecurity Guidebook for Cyber-Physical Vehicle Systems are emerging as de facto guidelines for building security- and safety-critical automotive systems. The flexibility of the LDRA tool suite helps you effectively manage verification of complex systems that combine components which are “proven in use” with those that require formal testing.
TÜV SÜD and SGS-TÜV SAAR have certified the use of the LDRA tool suite for security- and safety-critical development in the automotive industry under ISO 26262-8:2011, in recognition of LDRA’s own formal development and verification process and the capabilities of the LDRA tool suite.
LDRA automotive training courses
The expertise that has gone into LDRA’s tools for over 40 years and that helps guide standards committees around the globe has now been leveraged to provide world class learning opportunities for delegates from all critical embedded application sectors.
With training in ISO 26262, MISRA C, SAE J3061 and the LDRA tool suite, LDRA can help you to find a path to safe, secure, compliant code. Click here to learn more.